Residential Service

Residential Service Permits

If you own your home and need water service, you must complete a residential application.  The residential application provides property owners, developers, contractors, and consultants with a complete information on how to acquire water service.

Residents are asked to provide Cleveland Water with all the information necessary to start the water service, including information needed to properly size and configure the domestic irrigation, fire service piping, metering, and/or backflow-prevention devices.  Applications are usually processed within 30 business days. If you have any questions regarding your application, click here to email them and a representative will follow up.

Residential Service Instructions


  • Reuse of an abandoned lead service line connection is NOT approved for new or fill-in construction.
  • Deactivating an account and/or demolishing a property are both considered abandonment of a connection.
  • Plumbers/Contractors should call Cleveland Water (216-664-6745) before working on a customer-owned lead service line or as soon as possible when lead is found.